- To work as an autonomous practitioner in providing neurological physiotherapy assessments, treatments and reports for patients requiring specialist neurological hydrotherapy and land-based physiotherapy input.
- To meet HCPC and CSP guidelines.
- To read, understand and implement all policies and procedures.
- To provide specialist holistic neurological hydrotherapy and physiotherapy input to people with a variety of neurological and other complex conditions.
- Experienced physiotherapist proficient in hydrotherapy and a specialist area of neurology.
- To provide SMART patient centred collaborative goals and update regularly as appropriate.
- To provide comprehensive assessment /rehabilitation potential reports including recommendations for case managers, insurers, CCG’s, private organisations and local authorities where indicated.
- Use of appropriate outcome measures to monitor, evaluate and modify treatment in order to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of intervention. Each patient should have at least one identifiable outcome measure appropriate for their condition.
- To provide support, consultation and advice on relevant hydrotherapy and physiotherapy issues to patients and carers.
- To adapt practice to for each individual patient, including due regard for cultural, social, and linguistic differences in addition to their cognitive and physical disabilities.
- To demonstrate high level of clinical effectiveness by use of evidence-based practice.
- To liaise with other health care professionals, carers, parents and relatives.
- To provide holistic specialist neurological physiotherapy treatment within the clinic and community setting.
- To oversee complex cases within specialist area and ensuring a seamless service for the client by responding in a timely manner and liaising with other services when a client’s condition or situation changes.
Teaching, Training and Professional Development
- To assist with the education and training of neurological physiotherapy staff as appropriate.
- Participate in training provision in specialist area of proficiency.
- To provide highly specialist professional advice to physiotherapy colleagues, to other professions and to other organisations on request.
- To continue to develop your CPD with internal and external courses.
- To maintain a Clinical Professional Development Portfolio and a Personal Development Plan, according to professional standards, that documents the progress of gaining knowledge in areas of clinical expertise required for improving standards for self and service.
- Continue to demonstrate proficient knowledge and skill in a specialist area of neurology.
- To have an active role in the delivery and evaluation of the current Neurological Physiotherapy hydrotherapy service and to assist with the planning, development, and implementation of new hydrotherapy services.
- To implement clinical policies and protocols in folder within the clinic.
- To understand the role of safeguarding and information sharing within the clinic based upon the guidelines within the policy and procedures documentation.
- To communicate effectively and collaboratively with all health and social care sectors to ensure delivery of a co-ordinated service. This will include case conferences, joint sessions and documentation.
- To assess capacity, gain valid informed consent and have the ability to work within a legal framework with patients who lack the capacity to consent to treatment.
- To work in collaboration with/refer to NHS colleagues in hospital and community settings in response to identified patient need.
If you are interested in applying for this position and discussing the role in more detail, please email your CV to email@example.com