- To work as an autonomous practitioner in providing MSK physiotherapy assessments, treatments and reports for patients requiring specialist physiotherapy input.
- To meet HCPC and CSP guidelines
- To read, understand and implement all policies and procedures.
- To provide specialist holistic physiotherapy input to people with a variety of neurological and other complex conditions including headache and migraine and vestibular issues.
- To provide SMART patient centered collaborative goals and update regularly as appropriate.
- To provide comprehensive assessment /rehabilitation potential reports including recommendations for case managers, insurers, CCG’s, private organisations and local authorities where indicated.
- Use of appropriate outcome measures to monitor, evaluate and modify treatment in order to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of intervention. Each patient should have at least one identifiable outcome measure appropriate for their condition.
- To provide support, consultation and advice on relevant physiotherapy issues to patients and carers.
- To adapt practice to for each individual patient, including due regard for cultural, social, and linguistic differences in addition to their cognitive and physical disabilities.
- To demonstrate high level of clinical effectiveness by use of evidence based practice.
- To liaise with other health care professionals, carers, parents and relatives.
- To provide a holistic specialist physiotherapy treatments within the clinic setting.
- To oversee complex cases within specialist area and ensuring a seamless service for the client by responding in a timely manner and liaising with other services when a client’s condition or situation changes.
Teaching, Training and Professional Development
- To assist with the education and training of neurological physiotherapy staff as appropriate.
- To provide highly specialist professional advice to physiotherapy colleagues, to other professions and to other organisations on request.
- To continue to develop your CPD with internal and external courses.
- To continue to develop your CPD with courses that are appropriate to your case load at Neurological Physiotherapy with internal and external courses in accordance with HCPC and CSP standards of practice.
- To maintain a Clinical Professional Development Portfolio and a Personal Development Plan, according to professional standards, that documents the progress of gaining knowledge in areas of clinical expertise required for improving standards for self and service.
- To have an active role in the delivery and evaluation of the current neurological physiotherapy service and to assist with the planning, development and implementation of new neurological physiotherapy services.
- To implement clinical policies and protocols in folder within the clinic.
- To understand the role of safeguarding and information sharing within the clinic based upon the guidelines within the policy and procedures documentation.
- To communicate effectively and collaboratively with all health and social care sectors to ensure delivery of a coordinated service. This will include case conferences, joint sessions and documentation.
- To assess capacity, gain valid informed consent and have the ability to work within a legal framework with patients who lack the capacity to consent to treatment.
- To work in collaboration with/refer to NHS colleagues in hospital and community settings in response to identified patient need.
Commissioned pay rates
- 60-70%- PT has a managerial role within the units or an area of specialty, which provides additional resources to the clinic.
- Individual discussions with clinical leads required regarding increments.
For further information or to apply for the role, please email Anna Handley Potts at firstname.lastname@example.org